ISO 26262: Management of functional safety. Know about the law!
The set of standards ISO 26262 is an adaptation of the set of standards IEC 61508 and is intended for the use of electrical and / or electronic (E / E) systems in road vehicles. This adaptation applies to all activities in the life cycle of safety-related systems, including electrical, electronic and software components.
Law for security and safety
Safety is one of the most important issues in the automotive industry. The creation of new functionalities not only in systems such as driver assistance, power plants, control of vehicle dynamics, but also in active and passive safety systems is closely connected with the activity on the design of safety systems. The development and integration of these functionalities increases the need to use security system development processes, and provide evidence that all reasonable security system objectives are met.
Avoid systemic failure
With the increasing complexity of technology, software, and mechatronic devices, the risks associated with systematic failures and accidental equipment failures increase. To prevent these risks, the ISO 26262 set of standards includes relevant requirements and processes.
The security of the system is achieved through a number of security measures that are implemented using various technologies (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic, programmable electronic), and are applied at various levels of the development process. Although this International Standard deals with the functional safety of E / E systems, the approach considered in this International Standard can be used to develop safety-related systems based on other technologies.
- Provides the life cycle of car safety systems (management, development, production, operation, maintenance, decommissioning) and supports the adaptation of the necessary actions to carry out these stages of the life cycle.
- Provides a risk-based approach developed specifically for motor vehicles to determine safety integrity levels.
- Uses ASIL values in the specification of the relevant requirements to prevent undue residual risk.
- Establish requirements for compliance verification and confirmation measures that ensure that an adequate and acceptable level of safety is achieved
- Establishes requirements for interaction with suppliers.
Conclusion: deals with overall safety management
The functional security is enhanced by the development procedures, maintenance, and production processes, and also the process management. Security issues are closely related to any development work that implements the functionality and ensures the quality of the products being created, as well as the results of such work. This International Standard addresses safety-related issues related to development and their results.